Barcelona legend Xavi has revealed he turned down the chance to return to the club as boss because he's only just beginning his managerial career.
The former midfielder, who played 767 games for Barca and won 25 trophies, appeared set to replace Ernesto Valverde at the Nou Camp after officials held talks with him in Doha and offered him a contract.
But Xavi, who is currently in charge of Qatari side Al Sadd, rejected a two-and-a-half-year deal and the club quickly turned their attention to Quique Setien.
Explaining his decision to say no to his boyhood club, Xavi admitted that he was not yet ready for one of the biggest jobs in world football, having only been in his first role since May of last year.
He told Mundo Deportivo: 'Yes, I received an offer from Barcelona in a meeting with Eric Abidal and Oscar Grau but I did not accept it, especially because it is too early to train Barcelona but it will remain my dream in the future to be a Barca coach.'
Xavi also had his say on new boss Setien, who was a surprise choice to replace Valverde after the club cut ties with him on Tuesday.
'I love Barcelona's new coach, I love his way of working and I hope he succeeds with the team,' he added.
'First I told my family and then the Al Sadd players because they followed the issue. For three days I was not in my best position but now I am totally focused on Al Sadd.'
Setien's first game in charge of the club is a La Liga clash at home to Granada on Sunday evening.